Names and email addresses of contributors will only be used for the administration of the website and will not be given or sold or given in exchange to, a third party.
2. Data Protection
The Parish Council and the Administrators will administer the website in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998. In doing so they agree:
- They must obtain data from individuals fairly and lawfully and be open and honest about why it is required
- They must hold data only for specific and lawful purposes and not process it in any manner incompatible with those purposes.
- Data must be relevant, adequate and not excessive for those purposes and this should be monitored.
- Data must be accurate and where necessary kept up to date.
- Data must not be kept longer than necessary. There should be a system for removing different categories of information after certain periods, e.g. when it is no longer required for audit purposes.
- Data should be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects. This means that individuals must be informed on request of all information held about them.
- Security precautions must be in place to prevent the loss, destruction or unauthorised disclosure of the data.
- Data must not be transferred outside the EEC unless the country can provide adequate security for it.
Information set out in websites is considered to be “published” and therefore qualifies for copyright protection. It is not considered to be in the public domain simply because it was posted on the Internet and therefore free for anyone to download and copy. You may not publish any material, including photographs, from this site without the permission of the Administrators.
Copyright © 2017 Buckland St Mary Parish Council